8 month old random night waking for food

(4 Posts)
coffeeandwalnut Thu 12-May-16 22:59:29

DS is just about to turn 8mo, he has on the odd occasion slept 7-7, but more often than not wakes at least once for food. This can be at 11.00, 1.30, 3.30 or 5.30, tonight he's woken at 10.15 had 6oz having also had 6oz at 7.00. He's eating well during the day usually porridge for breakfast, meat and veg for lunch and tea followed by yogurt with fruit. Along with 3-4 6oz feeds during the day.

DD slept through from 8 weeks, so I have no idea what's going on here or how to tackle it. Do I night wean or wait it out a while longer?

Any advice much appreciated.

WhatsGoingOnEh Thu 12-May-16 23:06:09

Have you tried only giving him water at night? That's how I got both mine to drop the night feeds.

coffeeandwalnut Thu 12-May-16 23:18:44

Not yet no Whats, with the seemingly random times he wakes I wasn't sure if he actually might be hungry or if it's just a comfort thing confused

tiredybear Sun 15-May-16 21:58:54

No expert, but if it's random waking it could well be genuine hunger (or thirst). Try offering water and cuddles. He'll quickly let you know if that's enough or not!

Also, sleeping through from 8 weeks / waking still for feeds at 8 months - both normal. babies are TOTALLY different.

My LO was still waking 3/4 times a night at that age. Tried nightweaning at around 9/10 months and he dropped all but one feed within 3 nights. He's still stubbornly stuck to that feed and he's 13 months now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now