suck-able comforters/toys

(5 Posts)
onceuponadream2016 Mon 02-May-16 18:32:20

Hi all !
I have a beautiful 9wo daughter and we're starting the odd nap in our big girl cot (very proud) currently we co-sleep (sometimes in her next 2 me depends on her mood)
She doesn't like sleeping past 7pm and as a result can get very cranky, we can be walking and rocking her until about 9:30-10 when she'll just go to sleep like clockwork...

...anyway! Yesterday I notice that she appeared to settle whilst sucking my knuckle. I've tried a dummy, she's not a fan! can anyone recommend a safe alternative for her to suck on ? I feel she would settle for naps (and maybe at night ?) easier with a soother of some sort ?
Many thanks !!

MadamoiselleMango Mon 02-May-16 22:55:31

Have you tried different types of dummies? My dd only liked avent ones.

jeavcike Mon 02-May-16 23:03:51

Probably not ideal but dd, who is now 3, has a teddy that holds a comfort blanket thing and she sucks the corners of the blanket. We have 3 - one to use, one in the wash and a clean one. We got it from Asda.

jeavcike Mon 02-May-16 23:05:28

And yy to trying different types of dummy. Dd, when she had one, would only take those cherry-tipped Tommie Tippee ones.

onceuponadream2016 Thu 05-May-16 12:08:31

Thanks all!
I tried the MAM dummies as she's breastfed and heard they were quite good, she's taking it, spitting it out and looking for it again bless her so a work in progress! Unfortunately she didn't get on with the avent ones ! She also has a teddy rag thing that has knots on the ends to hold on too. Funny what they find comforting hehe!!
Thanks for taking the time to respond smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now