5 week old refusing to sleep in afternoon

(2 Posts)
Chocolateyclaire76 Thu 28-Apr-16 16:23:33

My 5 week old will stay awake from 1.30 until bedtime and scream when I try to get her to sleep. She's unbelievably tired by bedtime but I just don't know how I can change things. I try to put her down as soon as she gets tired but nothing works

I need to go out and about most mornings with my 3 year old so my 5 week old gets tons of sleep then but the afternoons are just a nightmare.

Please can someone help! I've tried sling, Moses basket, pram, you name it and she just refuses.

pippistrelle Fri 29-Apr-16 15:32:34

So, what are you doing in the mornings that means she sleeps then? When my daughter was that tiny, she would only sleep if she was being held by me or pushed in a pram (but woe betide me if I stopped pushing the pram, like in a queue in a shop) so, essentially, I was either glued to the sofa or out pounding the streets for about six months. Sorry, that's not at all reassuring. But I appreciate how difficult it is, especially as you have another child to look after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now