6mo - eczema, constipation - swollen eyes and face?

(6 Posts)
cheerfullysleepless Tue 26-Apr-16 08:03:35

Poor ds who was ok if not fab sleeper now waking every hour and a half scratching. He has the scratch sleeves so can't damage the skin but is still itchy. He's also straining and sometimes crying as if in discomfort which I expect he is as gone from 1-2 poos a day to non since Saturday and this morning has woken with swollen face and what looks like black eyes!!! (See photo) Trying to see gp which is often hard here but been before with the eczema and the diprobase they gave me helped but seems to not be doing the job now... Tried baby massage for his tummy, pureed fruit... Nothing happening! He's miserable, anything obvious am missing?!

ElBandito Tue 26-Apr-16 13:56:39

Could be something to do with constipation . Could it be some sort of allergy? Could be hay fever, can he rub his eyes? I think I'd take to doctors too. Keep up with tummy massage. How old is he? I used to find with my DS that eczema got worse this time if year with the tree pollen. I still don't line dry his clothes and I step up baths at bedtime to wash the pollen off and apply diprobase while he is still a bit wet.

ElBandito Tue 26-Apr-16 13:57:16

Doh, he's 6 months!

Onsera3 Tue 26-Apr-16 13:59:29

Did you recently start solids?

starfish12 Tue 26-Apr-16 14:45:01

Those are 2 allergy symptoms - could be cows milk protein - does it get worse when he has dairy?

cheerfullysleepless Tue 26-Apr-16 16:05:03

You're all brilliant! Did finally get appt and turns out that his eczema is infected so he is on the antibiotics now! Poor sod. Thanks for all Your help! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now