10 month old - how to encourage slightly fewer wakings

(2 Posts)
pregnantgrump Fri 22-Apr-16 23:11:35

My little one is mixed fed and on solids. I work 4 days a week. On days I work He doesn't drink much formula in the day even if offered - about 250 ml in total. On days I'm home he breastfeeding at 9am, lunchtime and about 3pm. Eats 3 good meals and growing well. Bedtime routine works well. He goes down reliably at 7. Sleeps in a cot in our room. In process of dropping morning nap but usually naps well for two hours at lunchtime.

He wakes up every two hours throughout the night. Most of the time gets cross if his dad tries to settle him and requires feeding to get back to sleep. I'm keen to be there for him, but would be very grateful if the gaps were 3-4 hours not 2 as pretty shattered. Any suggestions? Not keen to distress him. This has been his pattern since birth. his dad used to be able settle him during the night but not since I went back to work.

ACatCalledFang Fri 22-Apr-16 23:51:42

No advice but watching with interest! Your last paragraph basically describes my 7.5 month old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now