15 mo DD now waking at night - screaming for England

(1 Post)
tallgirl1975 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:43:10

Please help! My DD who has been a great sleeper, going to bed well and sleeping in her own cot and room since 3 months, down at 6.30pm through till 6.30am generally (teething exception) has now started waking at 2am screaming in desperation for me. (This screaming and desperation to be with me was happening at bedtime 6.30pm too but I seem to have cracked that side of things). I'm aware of separation anxiety, she won't go to my husband, that just makes her more upset (upsetting for him too). My friend has recommended controlled crying which after 4 days and nights now has not worked so well. I was up for 2 hours last night doing it – a battle of wills, and my DD won. I resorted to "The Rabbit Who Wants To Fall Asleep" in the end to get her off to sleep in my arms, then put her back in her cot. I have said the same soothing sentences back, not picked her up if I can help it (thats what she wants), rubbed her back, but even if she settled, then she hears me quietly leave, then starts up again. I've left her for 20 mins screaming, and she is just sat in her cot, just sobbing and screaming. Its so upsetting. I'm at my wits end and dreading the night time. Naps during the day are tricky but she sleeps well in the pushchair or car, when we are out, getting a 45 min nap in the middle of the day. Please any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now