Anyone else have to wake their 2yo in the morning and after nap?

(3 Posts)
InsaneDame Fri 22-Apr-16 13:54:25

For the last 3 weeks my 2yo ds has been sleeping through (prior to that he woke up 2 - 5 times a night). He is usually asleep by 8.15pm and I have to wake him up at 7.30am to get ready for the school run. He then naps from 12/12.30pm until 1.45pm, when I again have to wake him up (this is to preserve bedtime as already quite late). I read that if you have to wake them up its because they aren't getting enough sleep but he is sleeping more now than ever before! Should I keep waking him or let him sleep?

SoakedinBleach Fri 22-Apr-16 13:57:34

I do the same, wake my 2 yo at 7am and then at 2 after his nap so he'll go to bed happily at 7! He seems happy enough so I don't see any issues with it!

poocatcherchampion Fri 22-Apr-16 15:03:28

Dd1 helpfully wakes 2.5yo dd2 in the mornings when she wants to chat. I'm bed 6.30-8am although maybe awake an hour at each end chatting - they share a room

Dd2 sleeps for 3 hours after lunch - I normally wake her, sometimes she is in bed awake just relaxing when I go in. Tres sweet. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now