Baby smothering her face in her sleep bag - advice please!

(5 Posts)
tetura Sun 17-Apr-16 20:14:07

My 8 month old baby sleeps by sucking her feet through her sleep bag, she has done this since 5 months old, it was never an issue until she moved into her 6-12 month sleep bag where now the bag smothers her face completely!

I find this very worrying, as soon as she falls asleep i would put her feet down so she can breath. Right now i have been using her 0-6 month bag again as it's too short to go over her face, but shes at the end of it now so I need to consider other sleep options.

I'm looking for some advice, I tried blankets at nap times, but she pulls them over her face too.
I'm considering just using layers of clothes and nothing else - but I'm not sure how many or if she will be too cold. currently she sleeps in a 2.5tog sleep bag, her room is 19deg at bedtime and the lowest at night is 16.5 - 17

anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?

Hedgeh0g Sun 17-Apr-16 20:16:32

Mothercare do wadded sleepsuits that might work for you.

putthePuffindown Sun 17-Apr-16 20:16:37

Can you fold it under to the right size and put in a couple of temp stitches to hold it?

tetura Sun 17-Apr-16 20:27:19

I will look into wadded sleep suits now.

I have thought about the stitches - the idea came to me today, I might try it, i'm hoping it wont be too thick under her legs, but it could work well with the 1.5 tog.

Thank you Hedgeh0g and putthePuffindown smile

SweepTheHalls Sun 17-Apr-16 20:28:40

JoJoMamanBebe also do the sleepsuits in place of sleeping bags

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now