4 month sleep regression killing me....

(5 Posts)
Queazy Thu 14-Apr-16 09:38:16

I'm so run down. He wakes every 1.5hrs and wouldn't go down in his crib after 3am last night. My husband held him for 30min at 3am because I felt so ill, but he just complains because he has to go to work. People say this is a phase....with my dd she never got back to sleeping until we used the dreaded controlled crying (or a softer variant of it) at 6 months. That's 9 weeks away. I want to curl up in a ball and cry. Pathetic shock

Does anyone have any tips, advice, shared experiences? I've been here before but it's even more painful with a toddler to look after!!!!

xx

1northernfairy Thu 14-Apr-16 09:57:36

Not pathetic at all. I'm also in the process of having my mind, body and soul destroyed by a non-sleeping 5month old. Guessing her already shit sleep, that some how got even shitter, is also due to 4 month sleep regression.

No advice, just share you pain! I've just started a thread too asking for suggestions. I'm also thinking CC, I can't wait for 6 month either. I'm such a grumpy impatient mummy atm :-(

I'll watch this thread for any magic words of wisdom!

CityDweller Thu 14-Apr-16 15:12:16

Queazy have you tried co-sleeping? DS has (very frequent and long) phases of only wanting to sleep tucked up right next to me at night. Generally that's the way for us to maximise sleep (even though I never sleep that deeply when he's right next to me)

Queazy Thu 14-Apr-16 15:16:46

He's sleeping on me for much of the night, but I really don't want him to. He won't sleep next to me. I'm a light sleeper so trying to avoid co-sleeping and keen to stop him lying on me (unless ill etc of course - not being mean)

ALongTimeComing Thu 14-Apr-16 19:28:57

Oh god it's awful isn't it. It will get better and then you'll be able to compare war wounds with other soldiers!

We co-slept to get through the worst of it.
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now