12 week old suddenly waking every 2 hours... advice please

(4 Posts)
MYA2016 Wed 13-Apr-16 07:45:48

Since 6 weeks my DS has been sleeping 8-9 hours a night without feeding, stretching to 10-12 hours in recent weeks.
He's breastfed
The last 2 nights he has woken every 2 hrs like clockwork from 10pm onwards and I'm exhausted. I know there can be a big growth spurt around this time but he's not waking up crying, just smiling and cooing although I am feeding him back to sleep as he won't settle without it.
Any advice? Do you think it is a growth spurt? He's not feeding any more really in the day that ive noticed
Any advice would be appreciated, I know I've been spoiled up till now but I'm already wondering how much I can take of this!

Watto1 Wed 13-Apr-16 07:49:03

If he‘s just smiling and cooing, could you just leave him to it? Will he drop back off if you do that?

curlywurly4 Wed 13-Apr-16 07:50:45

I would also leave him if he's not upset and hope he drops back off.

MYA2016 Wed 13-Apr-16 07:53:49

No I've tried that.... as I'm often lying there in denial that he can possibly be awake again! After 5-10 mins that's when the tears start. Also as soon as I start rocking him he becomes agitated as if to say what are you doing! It's only food that will get him back to sleep, but he is feeding for 10-15 min each time..?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now