moving dd from our room to nursery

(10 Posts)
mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 12-Apr-16 20:44:31

Dd will be 6 months end of April and will be moving into her cot in her own room.
She currently sleeps in a crib next to our bed. Not one of those next2me things just a normal crib.

How did you find moving your LO's into their own room?

She is currently fed to sleep, stays in my arms for 10mins and then VERY slowly and VERY gently transferred to her crib!! She wakes several times when doing this so takes ages to get her down.
She can not self settle.
It's easier at the moment as I lay on our bed feeding her and getting her to sleep but won't be able to do this when she's in own room as carrying her from our room to hers will wake her.

HELP!!

TeaBelle Tue 12-Apr-16 20:47:58

I used to feed dd in bed then transfer to her crib (when in our room)

When she moved into her room I fed her in a rocking chair and she laid on a big bf pillow prior to transfer. (And repeated this during the frequent night waking! )

Over the last 2 months she only needs a quick rock smile

trilbydoll Tue 12-Apr-16 20:48:47

I did sleep training with dd2 at 6m, sat next to the cot and held her hand. There was a lot of crying and it made no difference to her sleep, if anything it was worse! So I wouldn't bother doing that until she's a bit bigger, maybe 9m.

Can you get a rocking chair in her room?

mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 12-Apr-16 20:50:13

Thanks Tea, how old is your LO?

dementedpixie Tue 12-Apr-16 20:50:22

Keep her in with you for a bit longer? The recommendation is a minimum of 6 months in with you but you can keep them in for longer if you want

mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 12-Apr-16 20:52:33

Trilby I have a rocking chair in her room but it's not a nursery one so the arms of the chair are quite high so difficult to hold and feed her in chair, especially now she's much bigger.
Might try using nursing pillow in chair see if that works.

mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 12-Apr-16 20:54:11

Demented she has pretty much outgrown her crib! Gets her arms stuck in bars which wakes her in night! Also any movement we make in bed seems to wake her so think she needs her own room.

TeaBelle Tue 12-Apr-16 20:54:44

Dd is now 18 months. I bf her to sleep until she was 16 months. I don't think it's something you can teach, they have to learn to self settle just the same as sitting or walking. Could you look for a decent feeding chair on Gumtree or facebay?

poocatcherchampion Tue 12-Apr-16 20:58:27

I don't know but we have done it tonight!! Ds is nearly 6mo and we have Ben waking him every time we come to bed even tough we creep.

His cot is right next to my bed as I put his dummy in 1000 times a night.

I've rearranged the admittedly large nursery so there is a single bed next to the cot. We shall see what happens. The cot is also by the bed still as a back up.

I suggest you just go for it. You can always reverse the decision for another day or two...?

mrsmoomoopoopoo Tue 12-Apr-16 21:03:02

Tea - will have a look for a 2nd hand chair.

Poo - I'm keen to just go for it but DH wants her in with us until she's 6 months so will have to wait a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now