How to do cc?

(2 Posts)
Zaurak Mon 11-Apr-16 01:31:12

Not looking for a debate on cc. I've tried everything else, I haven't slept more than an hour in a row for months and I'm broken. I have to get some sleep.

Need advice on cc.

How long do you let the intervals get?
How long do you do it for? I tried last night and he cried all night. Literally all night. So do you do that? If seems pretty grim.

I've tried everything else - sitting with him, pupd, co sleeping. Nothing works. He won't slee for more than ten minutes.

Help

Metalhead Mon 11-Apr-16 11:02:07

With DD1 we did increasing intervals, so start at 5 mins, then 10, then 15 etc. We just went in and said "time to sleep" or something similar, no picking up or shushing. The first night I think she cried for 2 hours, the second night about an hour and then pretty much slept on the third. I can't remember how old she was exactly, but probably around 9 months.

I've no idea whether you're supposed to keep going if they cry all night, I guess so?! If you can be sure that it's not because of pain/hunger. Good luck, sleep deprivation really is torture!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now