Moses basket to cot

(5 Posts)
Happyhannah1986 Wed 23-Mar-16 07:18:12

I've been very lucky to have a lovely baby who sleeps through from 5 weeks however we tried her in her cot for the first time last night because there really is no room left in her Moses basket and it was the worst nights sleep I've had in 7 weeks!! She's still in our room just moved our bed across to make room for the cot to go next to me so her surroundings are the same slightly over but not a lot. I just want her to have a safe sleeping environment and go back to sleeping through. Any ideas I'll take them! Thank you.

FifiFerusha Thu 24-Mar-16 12:06:52

Hi,

I popped the Moses basket inside the cot for a couple of weeks, if you can get away with her not out growing it etc. . After this I rolled thick blankets in to a sausage shape, tied these secure and then tied to the cot to make an oval shape area where the Moses basket went. Makes them feel more closed in and secure. Be careful to make sure they are tied well and can't be tugged by the baby. I even put the Moses basket material round the blankets. A lot of effort I know but I think it worked and DS never tried to grab the blankets. Not sure if this is the safest advice though. I also did shhh pat to reassure so maybe that would be easier smile They get used it after a week or two anyway. Good luck x

Happyhannah1986 Thu 24-Mar-16 16:35:48

Thank you so much xx I will definitely keep that in mind xx she actually slept last night after being settled for a while xx she woke earlier thab normal but other than that and spitting her dummies out of the cot all went well!!!xx

FifiFerusha Fri 25-Mar-16 21:12:38

That's great news and maybe you don't need to go to the extremes I did smile hope the early wakings get sorted . .she is probably just getting used to it x x

FifiFerusha Fri 25-Mar-16 21:14:12

Ps you do have a great baby if she is sleeping through already. My DS is 8 months and not yet doing that. Keep up the good work x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now