Disappearing Chair - sleep training

(1 Post)
HeffalumpHistory Mon 21-Mar-16 22:32:13

Please please tell me how to get through this!!!

DD will be 8months on Friday. Never been a good sleeper, mostly likes to bf to sleep & stay in my arms/be in bed beside me.
It has always been like this but she was teeny then she was very poorly at a couple of months and after not being able to hold her in hospital I just didn't want to let her go when we got home.

A few weeks ago we tried about a week of me sitting by her cot & patting her so she knew I was there. It was going ok but she was always ending up in with me by middle of the night. I have an older child so just can't do completely sleep deprived by sitting there all night.

She got a nasty cold & the whole thing went to pot so tonight I have started again. It's killing me already. I know we both need this, I'm so tired & also have pulled muscles due to sleeping propped up or in weird positions that seem the only way to make her comfortable (& poor DP hangs out the bed when I have dd latched onto me)

She won't take a dummy or bottle. This has been tried for months.

Any advice most welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now