2 year old suddenly waking at night again

(2 Posts)
ohanami Sun 20-Mar-16 02:14:23

My 2yo has been sleeping really well for the last year - often I'd have to wake her in the morning to get up for nursery. A couple of months ago she started waking in the night and there just doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

Whatever we try she's still waking 2-3 times a night. I'm trying to get her to settle in her cot without needing lots of cuddles, which sometimes works (I'll just stroke her on the back, shh for about 10 seconds, then she'll be off again) but tonight she's been up for nearly an hour, refusing to cuddle in bed but crying in the cot every few minutes that she wants mummy, wants a cuddle, that she's tired... To make it harder, only I will do to settle her - if dh goes up it's like we've tried to stick pins in her. I'm pregnant and exhausted but I can't get a break from it. Any suggestions on what to try (or reassurance that this really is just a phase?!) would be very gratefully received.

Sharesinpampers Mon 21-Mar-16 12:10:14

I'm in the same boat, inc being pregnant, and hoping someone on here can help. Takes us 45mins to get her to sleep and if she wakes up during the night over an hour or we just bring her in with us. It's been 2 months and we're shattered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now