18 month old nap issues

(3 Posts)
lms2014 Sat 19-Mar-16 21:16:01

I'm hoping someone can help or offer some advice. For the last 3 weeks my 18 month DD has been refusing to nap in her cot at all during the day which she was doing fine up until then. She'll sleep in there quite happily at night and sleeps all night. I try putting her down at various times of the day and I know she is tired but as soon as I go anywhere near her room, she freaks out and gets worse when I put her in the cot. She usually sleeps with her bunny but she throws him out of the cot which makes her even more upset so I have to go back in to get bunny which she just throws out again. I'm at my wits end as it's getting tiring looking after her especially as she's so tired and has regular meltdowns throughout the day. Is anyone else going through the same thing or has come out the other side? TIA!

LostAtTheFair Sun 20-Mar-16 07:41:35

We had this a few weeks ago with our almost 18 mo DS. He resisted naps in his cot and the only way of getting him to nap was by taking him out in the car. It's apparently part of an 18 month sleep regression. It passed after about 2 weeks and for the most part he is going down in the cot again fairly happily. Good luck!

lms2014 Tue 22-Mar-16 13:19:59

Thank you, it's been 3 weeks now and still can't get her to go in the cot at all, not even if I need to pop her in there to have a shower. The only way to get her to sleep is by going out for a walk and then transferring her into the cot but she usually wakes up while moving her. If I leave her in the pushchair, she'll only sleep for 30 mins. Hope this passes soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now