Toddler's nightly shouting party!

(5 Posts)
DutchMummy88 Sat 12-Mar-16 07:27:56

I really don't know what else to try or to do! My 17m old son has always gone to bed very well. I take him up at 7h and he has a shower/bath every other day. Then milk in a bottle and a story in bed. Lights off, door shut, bye bye!
He has maybe slept through (7-6) once or twice in his life and normally wakes up around 1-3 when we give him a quick small bottle of milk and he goes straight back down till 6-7.
In the last month though it's gone completely wrong sad he sometimes wakes as early as 11 and then won't go down after a little bottle. He''s up for the day at 4, 5!
Most days he has one nap somewhere around 10/11 for 1.5-2 hours.
When he wakes at night he doesn't even really cry, he just shouts super loud. He can keep it up for hours if i would let him...
To top it he's now learned to climb out the cot and he escapes all the time.
What do I do to go back in the right direction?? My DP and I are both so tired when we need to go to work as we don't get more then 4 hours sleep at a time now sad

icklekid Sat 12-Mar-16 07:30:24

Oh sounds very tough. My only practical solution would be stair gate on bedroom door to stop him leaving his room. Might be worth weaning him off night feed if that's stopping working. Does he have anu other sleep cues eg.cuddly toy?

DutchMummy88 Sat 12-Mar-16 07:40:23

His bedroom door closes pretty well and is a little more difficult to open so that does keep him in!. I'm a bit in limbo wether i should take the side off his cot off so he could get back in his bed if he wanted?
He sleeps with his dummies, he's got about 2/3 in bed with him.

almostthirty Sat 12-Mar-16 07:46:06

Our ds did this for a bit. He shouldn't need feeding during the night if he is getting enough during the day.
We took sides off the cot and put a stair Gate on his door. He was quieter I'd the door was open. He would potter around his room, have a bit of a play then get back into his bed and go to sleep. There was the odd occasion that he didn't make it back to bed and we would find him asleep on the floor amongst his toys.

DutchMummy88 Sat 12-Mar-16 07:55:16

I really want to drop the night feed and I've tried before but he just goes nuts :s We live in a terraced house and if he's full on shouting and screaming in the middle of the night it's just crazy..
Any suggestions on how to drop the feed?
How old was your ds when you took the sides off? I feel like there's so many different things going wrong at the same time, I don't know where to start!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now