Dummy's at bed time

(6 Posts)
Suea76 Thu 10-Mar-16 19:34:35

Hi
Just a little advice needed I have been weaning my lb 20 months off his dummy. Tonight is the first night he has gone down without it.
Do I sneak a dummy in when he's asleep incase he wakes or just leave it and cross my fingers and hope for a full night sleep without it? Just not sure what to do for the best
Thanks in advance for advice

Nan0second Fri 11-Mar-16 09:39:56

If it's gone , it's gone! If he can go to sleep without it, just go cold turkey from this point. 2-3 nights max and it'll be done with forever! (We went cold turkey with my daughter at 6months as it was making her sleep worse and was sorted within 24 hours!)

Suea76 Fri 11-Mar-16 12:52:14

Thanks I was very worried going to bed last night but he slept through and has now gone 36 hours without it.
Fingers crossed it's gone for good

SnowWhite26 Sat 12-Mar-16 17:04:54

Hi. I really want to do this with my 5 month old! She has started sucking her thumb but not for sleep and I have re insert dummy loads. She just doesnt self settld without it. Im just so nervous as agter a story I put a dummy in and then this makes her close her eyes. Without it she will just chat in the cot or cry as she wont know its time to sleep.Nan0second how did u do in 24 hours?.how attached was ur little one?

Suea76 Sat 12-Mar-16 19:41:05

He was very attached, he didn't have it till he was 5 months old then he had a really bad episode of teething so I gave him one and he became really attached. I gradually started to reduce it for about 6 weeks.
3rd night dummy free tonight daytime naps have been a struggle but bed time he has been great.

Nan0second Sun 13-Mar-16 00:11:50

Bad reflux so introduced at 3 months. Only for sleep. At 7 months, we were reinserting and feeding every 2 hours through the night and I was losing my mind through sleep deprivation.
Just went cold turkey one bedtime (didn't replace any other sleep prop.
She screamed for 72 minutes (I was mostly present) and then fell asleep. To be honest, that was pretty much that! (Middle of night 20mins to resettle post feed, then not a problem - well no dummy related problem anyway!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now