Please help me understand why 4 month old is awake for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night.

(5 Posts)
crystalgall Thu 03-Mar-16 18:22:06

I'm constantly on this board!

So I already posted about maps going to hell recently.

Nights have always been a bit shit but this is ridiculous. DD is around 19 weeks. She goes to bed around 7.30 and can be up 3 or 4 times until a feed between 10 and 11. After that all bets are off. She may sleep
Until 2 or 3am or she is up several
Times for the dummy.

But the worst is that when she does wake at whatever time she then just gaffs around in bed for up to 3 hours!

Last night she woke at 1.30 and didn't go back to sleep until after 4! She doesn't cry or scream. Just lots of thrashing around/whinging/chatting/blowing raspberries confused. I just cannot sleep through it.

How can she not be tired??
I'm just having a moan because I know there will be no solutions but seriously wtf?

crystalgall Thu 03-Mar-16 22:33:45

Bumpy bump. Anyone suffering along with me?

Marzipants Fri 04-Mar-16 01:37:16

Yes, yes, a miIlion times yes.

At the moment my adorable pita is sitting watching me, beaming away in her bouncer.

I know it's the 4 month sleep regression and it's because she's learning so many new things, but gawd, just SLEEP will you!

<whimpers>

Cupcakegirl13 Fri 04-Mar-16 01:49:33

Hi there , my dd is now 16 months but what you are describing used to be her. Night times were hugely unpredictable and she used to have long periods of just being awake in the night. I spent hours googling and trying to find a reason , the best one was developmental leaps, this seemed to fit the best but it still went on far to long for my liking !! It happened many times and came and went , but she evened out in the end and gradually stopped. It's so hard at the the time though , but I wanted to reassure you that it doesn't last forever.

Poppytime Fri 04-Mar-16 08:27:08

I'm with you crystalgal and posted recently about similar. DS is 21 weeks, 5 months tomorrow! Up every 2 hours last night, fed each time, luckily not much wide awake time thank god but worried am creating a habit of him feeding all the time but it's the only way he goes back to sleep so I end up defaulting to it each time before his crying escalates....it's so hard to sleep isn't it even if they aren't crying they are just so noisy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now