Dreamfeed- When/will it work?

(4 Posts)
Newmamauk1988 Mon 29-Feb-16 12:46:17

Hello mama's
My DS is 9 weeks tomorrow and last week I introduced a dreamfeed. At the moment I put him down at 7 and he dozes off around 7:30, and we dreamfeed at 10:30-11:00 which takes him through until 2-3. I wondered if anyone else has any a baby in a similar sleeping pattern and if it takes a while for them to have the dreamfeed and sleep through until 6 say? My DS is a big boy (13-14 pounds) and I read at this weight they can sleep through. Appreciate any thoughts at all smile
Thanks all X

dementedpixie Mon 29-Feb-16 18:51:46

I fully expected a night feed until 6 months old. There is no magic weight or age that they sleep through, I see it more of a developmental stage

Coconut0il Mon 29-Feb-16 20:17:36

DS2 is 6 months old. He still regularly wakes up a few times a night. He is a big boy too, 22lb, but I find this has no impact on sleeping. From DS1, my experience is that they wake up less as they are older but can't really remember when!

meatliqour Mon 29-Feb-16 20:44:36

Keep doing what you are doing, this sounds perfect. Around the 6mth mark I would say is a turning point.

7pm bottle, 10:30/11pm dream feed & then another fees 3/4am, wake up around 7am

Gradually the 3/4am feed should be reduced until about 2/3oz, then baby should naturally drop this about 4/5months.

Then when once weaned, the dream feed should also naturally drop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now