Anyone else sick of fireworks for every occasion

(6 Posts)
Bahhhhhumbug Mon 15-Feb-16 18:17:07

....including the opening of a toilet door , somebody celebrating their 57 and 1/2 birthday, finishing putting their shopping away ......you know the sort of thing , it seems any excuse and more and more households having them in their back gardens at barbecues , parties etc. It used to be only a week or so around Bonfire Night and that was it and you knew where you were if you had a young baby or a nervous pet etc. They also can distress some children with autism and people who suffer from PTSD to name a few other groups. Damned unsociable if you ask me. Now it seems they go off randomly all year. Rant over. Anyway thought you might like to sign this if you feel the same.
www.facebook.com/FireworkDamage/photos/a.872717569434673.1073741828.870757972963966/1079113528795075/?type=3

Purpleboa Mon 15-Feb-16 19:56:05

YES!! I've noticed this too. Used to be the run up to November 5th. Now it's year round! It's very noisy and although my DD miraculously slept through them, I certainly can't! And they are let off at the most unsociable times. Someone living near us was letting them off at midnight in December!!

Glad someone else shares my annoyance on this issue grin

Bahhhhhumbug Mon 15-Feb-16 22:44:51

Thank you Purpleboa , also many animal groups (especially dog and horse related ones) are campaigning aswell about it. A friend of mines greyhound jumped a six foot fence two years ago frightened by fireworks and it was about three weeks after Bonfire night. She has never seen him since and she and her family are still devastated........all because of a bloody firework. My DD was a very light sleeper when she was a baby , I would've gone mad if it was like it is today with a young baby or toddlers that were hard to get to sleep.

BearFoxBear Mon 15-Feb-16 22:53:32

Try living in Edinburgh. Fireworks every night throughout August, bonfire night, Christmas, hogmanay, random other nights for no bloody reason. And they always start at 10.30/11 and last for ages. It drives me insane.

Purpleboa Tue 16-Feb-16 10:48:51

Ha I live in Glasgow! The Scots are awfy fond of a firework angry

c737 Tue 16-Feb-16 20:30:33

My thoughts exactly! I f***ing hate fireworks as they never fail to wake up my light sleeping 2 year old and the noise to me just sounds like a bomb going off. Our neighbours seem to buy display-quality fireworks for every bloody occasion and let them off all though the night and God it makes me angry. Rant rant rant rant rant!! Bloody fireworks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now