Co sleeping

(6 Posts)
Jennyleth888 Mon 15-Feb-16 00:18:29

Im currently co sleeping with my 3 month old (im nt an attachment parent btw) its always after her feed in the night, im lucky she only wakes once now. Well she only wakes once if she is in bed with me after her feed. Otherwise she fusses doesnt settle and wants to be fed again after 2/3 hres. I have brought a side open cot which has worked wonders for lengthning the first sleep( she used to only go down for 2/3 hres in her basket now she sleeps for 5). My mum had me and my sister im bed with them coz we slept terribly And she says there is bothing wrong with it. Im just worried about the saftey of it. Im a light sleeper and sleep in positions that mean i wont roll on her and she sleeps on my side nxt to her cot that is flush up against her bed so she cnt roll off the bed. She also doesnt have out blanket over her. Anyway what i wanted to ask was has anyone used one of these co sleeping matts/cots that u have in the bed with you? Will they make it safer and do they work? This is my first post so dont understand all the codes haha
Would love any advice good or bad as co sleeping seems to be such a touchy subject and haaaaate being judged by ppl i know and love. Not comcerned with being judged by strangers so feel free to give honest opinions on co sleeping

FATEdestiny Mon 15-Feb-16 19:22:29

Do you mean a sleepyhead?

I've not used one but know others who have, and have heard good reports about them.

ohthegoats Mon 15-Feb-16 21:39:24

I had a Sleepyhead that I had on the bed next to me for awhile around the 3 month mark, after she got big enough to roll over though I just gave up with that and had her in bed with me - I held her in with pillows down one side. She's only fallen out once, when she was just crawling. We already had the Sleepyhead that I'd used in a sidecar cot for the first few months, I'm not sure that I'd have bought one just for that month or so. Especially since most babies seem to grow out of them around the 4 - 5 month mark.

ohthegoats Mon 15-Feb-16 21:40:36

I should add that we had a cot mattress on the floor the other side of the bed, she 'fell' the height of a mattress onto a mattress!

Skiptonlass Tue 16-Feb-16 08:20:45

We have a homemade baby nest, which have been around here in Sweden for ages. Basically a sleepyhead.

They are great but once he hit about ten weeks I just laid him next to me . As long as you follow the safe sleeping guidelines I think it's very safe.

srslylikeomg Tue 16-Feb-16 08:31:07

I co sleep. It means I actually enjoy the newborn and early weeks as we all get more sleep. I know it's not for everyone but for me it's a no brainer. I have a pillow for me no other pillows on the bed, a blanket wrapped around me and the baby in a sleeping bag we don't share bedding. Plus a bed guard. I kick my husband out too. I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now