Controlled crying regression?

(4 Posts)
ruby242 Tue 09-Feb-16 07:03:00

A week ago we started controlled crying on DS (please no comments on why we shouldn't have done so, I have my reasons) which brought the night wakings down from 10+ to about 3 which was wonderful. However a week later suddenly it has gotten worse again-is there often a regression with controlled crying? He isn't crying too much so don't think he's waking out of pain etc, but is just waking a lot again!

Lovemybubble15 Tue 09-Feb-16 09:40:57

Have you tried waiting 10 mins before you go into LO to see if they can soothe themselves?

I contacted a slept consultant (was at wits end) and she was amazing. Used a type of controlled crying and disappearing chair combo which (touch wood) was really effective.

FATEdestiny Tue 09-Feb-16 14:11:31

Ruby have you set up an alternate form of comfort for self soothing? Maybe a dummy, comforter toy, something to snuggle? It might take a while for a bond between the child and the comforter to be fully established. Once your LO has something to gain comfort from and can physically (and emotionally) access that comfort - then it should be easier.

How old is your LO?

ruby242 Tue 09-Feb-16 17:08:55

Yes we are waiting a few mins (5 max) to allow him to settle which is working well. Is just that he continues to wake a lot at night despite being able to self settle (goes to bed at night reasonably happily, is put into cot drowsy but awake)

Yes we have bought every dummy out there and tried repeatedly since he was a newborn but won't take one unfortunately! He does have a comforter blanket which helps. He's 6 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now