Baby rolling over during sleep and waking up! Solutions?!

(6 Posts)
EllaMaria1 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:16:37

Our little one has just started to be able to roll over onto her tummy, but now she is doing it in her sleep and waking herself up (and crying!) because she can't get back on to her back!

Is there just a phase we need to get through? How have others handled it?

Has anyone tried a thing called a "Slumber Sleeper", which apparently helps babies to sleep on their backs?

Bertieboo1 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:20:58

This drove me absolutely nuts when our son did it. It only lasted for two weeks though and nothing we did worked - seemed to be just a developmental phase he was going through. It felt like forever with the interrupted sleep though. Good luck!

EllaMaria1 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:25:54

Thank you! Do they eventually work out how to roll back? We have her in a sleeping bag, so I'm wondering if that's making it more difficult to roll back?

Skala123 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:27:46

I rolled up towels and put them under the sheet below where the head will be and it worked a treat

EllaMaria1 Fri 29-Jan-16 11:31:08

I'll give that a try!

I was searching online for solutions and found this, but not sure about it.

www.swanling.com/safe-sleep/slumber-sleeper.html

Seems to be a US product, but they have them on Amazon and ebay here too.

I might try the towels first though!

Strangely, she doesn't seem to do it in the day, more at night and then gets herself all worked up about it!!

FATEdestiny Fri 29-Jan-16 12:09:11

A tightly tucked in sheet might help 'pin down' a wriggly baby.

I did this over baby in a sleeping bag (stopped using a vest with sleepsuit to accommodate additional sheet later) for this phase.

A cot-sized sheet placed width-ways across the bed (rather than the usual length ways down the cot) gives lots of extra material to tuck in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now