9 month old screamed all night. Never happened before!

(15 Posts)
shiteforbrains Thu 28-Jan-16 08:26:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FATEdestiny Thu 28-Jan-16 10:58:51

He must be in pain in some way. It could be a sore throat, not so visible as a runny nose but painful.

dementedpixie Thu 28-Jan-16 11:01:01

Did you give any meds in case he was in pain. Get an in ear thermometer, they are safer than trying to put one in his mouth

Jo4040 Thu 28-Jan-16 11:01:03

Earache, yep sore throat, just feeling like crap unforchantly

TheEagle Thu 28-Jan-16 11:01:30

My twins did something similar a few weeks ago just before they got croup.

Could be a sore throat, for my DTs it was pain in their chests that was causing them discomfort when they lay down.

Both developed the croupy cough and needed meds. They BFed like never before for a few nights and then all went back to (relative) normality.

I'd keep an eye on temp, cough etc and go to GP if necessary.

Etak15 Thu 28-Jan-16 11:04:03

My 1 yr old was the same last night! Like he didn't know what to do with himself! Was climbing down off the bed then crying then climbing back on crying had a little feed then crying then sleep for an hour then same again! This morning there is a waterfall of snot coming out of his nose (sorry tmi!) so he must have just been feeling shitty in the night! He's a grumpy boy this morning too

usual Thu 28-Jan-16 11:10:08

shiteforbrains Thu 28-Jan-16 14:52:04

GreenTomatoJam Thu 28-Jan-16 14:55:03

Happened to us the first time DS1 had lentils.

Bit harsh on his digestion I think (and he really enjoyed them so probably ate more than was wise)

shiteforbrains Thu 28-Jan-16 18:11:25

Etak15 Thu 28-Jan-16 19:58:07

Awe poor thing, Yes my little one not too bad thanks just snotty and a bit clingy/bad moody!! He has some tummy troubles sometimes too seems to save it up for a few days and then is a big performance to get it out - like he's in labour even if ifs soft and should be easy to part with! Doc gave lactulose to see if we can get him going a bit more often see if it helps! I'm sure it's a boy thing never had these probs with my girls!
Greenjam has reminded me of first time dd1 had lentils though - they came out exactly as they went in ha ha - you would think they would be a really good weaning food but apparently not!

rosiesmummy0302 Tue 02-Feb-16 06:42:46

my daughter had cole and she wouldnt go to bed til 4 every night for about a week it was so hard sad but they say rub vicks on their feet its helps relief a cold for babies smile

shiteforbrains Wed 03-Feb-16 06:47:29

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Wed 03-Feb-16 06:56:12

I put Vicks on feet then a sleepsuit with feet over the top because ds likes to chew his toes! My ds screamed all night last night, 10-5.30 when we got up. He kept waking dpup who then cried too. Now dd (3) is crying because she's tired too. Today is going to be fun! sad

shiteforbrains Wed 03-Feb-16 07:10:22

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now