Baby falling asleep under the babygym

(7 Posts)
Coconuthut Mon 18-Jan-16 17:44:31

My 10 week old dd has always been hard to get to nap anywhere other than the sling, however twice now she's just fallen asleep under the babygym we only bought yesterday. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Anyone else's baby do this? Would a mobile in her cot help her fall asleep in there do you think? Or should I just make the babygym her napping place?!

Redhead79 Mon 18-Jan-16 18:04:01

My 9 week old is also nap resistant, WILL NOT SLEEP IN THE DAY but last week I put her under the play gym at baby group while I hung my coat up and got a cup of tea (she was being watched) got back and she was fast asleep and remained so for the whole of the session! Not tried in her play gym at home but might have to...

FATEdestiny Mon 18-Jan-16 18:17:32

She probably doesn't like being fussed over, at the moment preferring to just be left alone to go to sleep when tired. Things change, so don't praise (or berate) yourself too much.

dinodiva Mon 18-Jan-16 18:56:57

Mine does that too, but weirdly only when my husband is with her!

olympicsrock Mon 18-Jan-16 20:48:30

That is great news. Babies should play themselves to sleep. Much better than having to be rocked or jiggled or fed to sleep. Be pleased. I was taught EASY 3 . Ie babies should do eat, activity, sleep and then the mum look after yourself every 3 hours in that order.

Coconuthut Mon 18-Jan-16 20:49:26

Ha thanks Fate I wasn't going to berate or praise myself, I know it's nothing to do with me I don't know what the hell i'm doing half the time!

She won't settle herself anywhere else though, just under the babygym...very strange, and it seems she's not the only one!

I might put her there for all her naps from now on, not really why we bought it but there you go. grin

GoldPlatedBacon Mon 18-Jan-16 20:52:37

Enjoy it! I wish my dd would fall asleep under the gym. She does though occasionally fall asleep watching her cot mobile even though it's a horrendous pile of vibrant plastic grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now