After 15 months of waking 2-5 times a night and 2 months of softly-softly night weaning...

(14 Posts)
weebairn Thu 14-Jan-16 14:29:32

…my 15 month old slept through the night last night. 6.30pm till 5.30am, then came into bed with me and went back to sleep till her big sister woke her us both up after 7.

BIG ERROR, BABY. Now I know you can do it...

DangerMouth Fri 15-Jan-16 22:49:59

Nice to hear OP smile We all need to hear positives too!

Nottalotta Sat 16-Jan-16 19:38:50

15 months, yikes. Ds is almost 6 months and i am on my knees with tiredness. Its getting worse, not better (growth spurt?!)

Well done baby weebairn. Did you feel suitably refreshed?

ohthegoats Sun 17-Jan-16 00:17:07

Fingers crossed my 15 month old is about to do the same... am nearing end of tether.

Congratulations!

kbro79 Sun 17-Jan-16 19:49:29

Congrats!!! 15 months is a long slog. Can I ask about your gentle techniques? My baby is only 5 months but getting pressure of HV to reduce night feeds but don't know how and don't really want anything that involves lots of crying.

BumWad Mon 18-Jan-16 03:13:12

That gives me hope! 7.5 months and more night savings than ever! My arse it gets better with weaning.

Well done baby weebairn smile

ZandersMummy0136 Mon 18-Jan-16 03:33:16

13 months and still up through the night despite 3 meals + snacks + bottles through the day! We can't wait until we have a sleep through the night! Well done you! Xxx

Comebacksleep Mon 18-Jan-16 21:00:32

HOW?? PLEASE???!!! Give me hope - baby 12 months, up 2-5 like you, am breastfeeding to sleep during night. Would welcome what your softly softly approach consisted of - thanks xx

CazY777 Mon 18-Jan-16 21:52:29

Yes, please tell us how you've achieved this!

flipflopson5thavenue Sun 24-Jan-16 18:51:15

So had my 14mo after about three months gently gently sleep training/night weaning. He's now back to waking and I'm back to feeding all night angry

weebairn Thu 31-Mar-16 14:46:13

Oh god, I never returned and replied to this - sorry.

It's a couple of months later and she sleeps through most nights. Often 6.30-6.

weebairn Thu 31-Mar-16 14:49:47

I feel SO much better. Last year was rough. She was also ill (had cancer) and so it was the hardest year ever, basically. I'm back at work now and things going so much better.

Basically I gave her to my boyfriend for 2 months. She'd go to sleep as normal, but we identified a "milk free" zone - initially 12-4 am I think it was. So if she woke in that period, he would take her, offer her water, cuddles and co-sleeping. There were some tears but he was always with her.

Every few days he would extend the "milk free zone". So we gradually dropped one feed at a time. We would pause, but not go backwards, during teething or colds or whatever.

After a month or two she was waking up just as often but not asking for milk any more, and he was basically co-sleeping with her all nigth and I was like, oh god, have we just switched one problem for another … will I ever see my boyfriend again.

But then, coincidentally or not, a few weeks later she started sleeping through.

weebairn Thu 31-Mar-16 14:52:01

For the record, we would have tried exactly the same thing at 9-10 months if she hadn't been diagnosed with cancer then. It was a bit of a double edged sword - I really wanted to give her all the comfort of bf, but I was also so so so tired and upset and a few days off, or some actual night's sleep, would have helped me so much in the middle of it all. But I didn't I kept going and I'm glad looking back, I think, to have given her that. It was a fucking shit year though.

She is doing really well now and finished all her chemo etc. We are under follow up and prognosis is really good.

WifOfBif Thu 31-Mar-16 19:31:01

So pleased her prognosis is good OP! That must have been so rough for you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now