8 week old sleep issues!

(6 Posts)
adeledmk Wed 30-Dec-15 22:10:12

My little boy is 8 weeks old, ebf and until recently has been managing 4/5 hours stretches of sleep a night. This week however he has been up every 1.5/2 hours! He naps quite well during the day, but night time just doesn't seem to sleep very well anymore! Is this a phase that will pass? Has anyone else had experience of this? Thanks x

Gillian1980 Wed 30-Dec-15 22:12:21

Probably a growth spurt causing him to need more milk.

Do you follow the Wonder Weeks?

DartmoorDoughnut Wed 30-Dec-15 22:13:52

Probably just a growth spurt so needs to feed more to increase supply, my DS tended to snap back to 4/5hr stretches just as I was about to snap from exhaustion .. Not massively helpful I know but in my very limited experience this is 'normal'! Hope tonight is the night that he starts giving you longer again flowers

Eminado Wed 30-Dec-15 22:14:57

Look up wonder weeks and sleep regressions

adeledmk Wed 30-Dec-15 22:20:52

Thanks for the replies! I will look up wonder weeks now! And thanks Dartmoordoughnut fingers crossed!!xx

MargaretCabbage Wed 30-Dec-15 22:20:59

Sleep changes a lot with a small baby. Growth spurt/developmental leap/teething/illness/separation anxiety/sleep regression. It is a phase and it will pass!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now