Desperate for advice.

(7 Posts)
Memeto3boys Sun 22-Nov-15 07:03:25

I am looking to see if anyone can help me or been in my situation what they did.

I have 3 ds 11, 2, 1. My 11 and 2 year old are both sn. My 1 year old won't stay settled at night for very long. I can't let him cry as he then wakes my other children and once my other children are awake they won't go back to sleep till the next night even if it's only be an hour. To them it's time to get up have breakfast.
Our bedtime routine doesn't change its always the same bath at 6 milk at 6.30 half an hour quiet calming down time and by 7 o'clock he has fallen asleep. He only has 1 nap a day with last between 1 and 2 hours. He's very active during the day to. My HV said he needs to be more active but he never stops as it is. And she suggest letting him cry it out but I can't because of the others. What ever I do it has to be something that doesn't disturb the other children as I am also alone at night as hubby's working. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Andcake Sun 22-Nov-15 21:20:50

Co sleep...

SleepForTheWeak Sun 22-Nov-15 22:14:37

There are loads of different approaches you could try, unfortunately most will involve crying of some nature. It may just en a case of dealing with the other two waking up for a few nights while you try help your one year old sleep better.

Gradual retreat (or a version of) worked for our DD of a similar age.

Sorry,
Not much help but didn't want to read and run!

MazzleDazzle Sun 22-Nov-15 22:18:09

I used the advice in The Baby Whisperer's book go get my DD to sleep. I'd watched her documentary years before and went I became a mum to a very tricky baby, it was a life-line! She doesn't advocate controlled crying, so it may suit you.

Luxyelectro Sun 22-Nov-15 22:23:15

I used the baby whisperer too. From day 1 with second child and from about 6 months with the first

MazzleDazzle Wed 25-Nov-15 22:00:00

Same here Luxy! Wasn't taking any chances with the second after the first demon child. grin

Memeto3boys Wed 25-Nov-15 22:15:45

I will look into the baby whisper advice.

I can't have h waking others up at all the will then be up all night. My 2 year old with sn thinks regardless of how much he's slept weather it be 1 hour or 10 hours that it must be time to get up and have breakfast and no matter what I do he won't go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now