too late for a dreamfeed?

(5 Posts)
waitingforsomething Thu 12-Nov-15 10:10:09

My DS is 17 weeks today; he still wakes between 2 and 4am for a sma feed them gets up for the day between 6 and 6.30. I obviously don't mind getting up but he isn't hungry at the start of the day,, and I'm a bad sleeper so find it tough to sleep again if it's as late as 4. My DD never responded well to a late night feed so I haven't tried it with DS- is there any point now? Has anyone had any experience starting this late?

FATEdestiny Thu 12-Nov-15 21:13:51

Why wouldn't you?

Its not like it's set in stone. You can try a dreamfeed for a couple of weeks and see the effect then stop if it doesn't have the desired effect. You could sometimes give a dreamfeed and sometimes not, depending on how knackered you feel when you go to bed. You could start a dreamfeed to assist with a change then stop once that change is established and re-start again to effect another change.

waitingforsomething Fri 13-Nov-15 05:58:43

Only because I know some people are trying to get rid of them by 6mo ish so it seems late to start putting one in. Thanks I'll try it

confusedandemployed Fri 13-Nov-15 06:26:02

We tried a dream feed with DD at about 9-10 weeks, it didn't work.
We tried again about 6 weeks later - miracle cure! She dream fed until she was about 8mo, more out of habit for us than any need I think, but it meant we got a full night's sleep and - importantly - when we did gradually stop it, she wasn't bothered at all.
So definitely give it a try!

knaffedoff Fri 13-Nov-15 06:28:37

My 2nd baby never dream fed but his older brother was fab at it, give it a whirl see how you go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now