27 week old not slept in cot for months.

(7 Posts)
shiteforbrains Thu 15-Oct-15 08:25:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Babytookacupwoo Thu 15-Oct-15 08:30:10

We are in exactly this situation, at 28 weeks. DD is terribly clingy at the moment and can sense as soon as she's being taken away from me. She's been in our bed 3 nights now and DH hates it.

I am willing to leave her to cry but not right now- I've gone back to work and she's had too much change recently

shiteforbrains Thu 15-Oct-15 08:37:08

nephrofox Thu 15-Oct-15 08:50:22

I think it depends how much of an issue it is for you. There's a lot of change still to happen between 6 and 18 months. If you have a clingy baby now, chances are they'll continue to show that characteristic through other developmental changes. Are you happy to Co sleep? If not then there are ways to move to bed, but few involve no crying.

Have you thought about getting a sleepyhead grande or similar?

Asteria36 Thu 15-Oct-15 08:51:34

Afraid I don't have any really practical advice, just solidarity! DS would get hysterical and vomit exorcist style if I dared put him in another room to sleep. We ended up co-sleeping for 2 years - but I became a single parent just after he was born so didn't need to worry about disrupting anyone else. I'm afraid I ended up getting a dummy for night time as it became clear the tiny feeds were more for comfort and my nipples were going to drop off. It did get easier with the clinging - that particular aspect only lasted a few weeks.
DS is now a monster teenage rugby player who still gives his mum hugs in public!! He is really confident, secure and grounded and always has been. I do think that just going with the clingy phase to a certain extent, rather than fighting against it, is not necessarily a bad thing - it is exhausting for parents but then we didn't have have children for the sleeping opportunities!! I'm not a big fan of self-soothing or controlled crying.

shiteforbrains Thu 15-Oct-15 14:58:52

shiteforbrains Thu 15-Oct-15 15:06:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now