How can I stop 17mo feeding to sleep?

(1 Post)
sambababy Wed 14-Oct-15 13:53:40

Hi there. My 17mo DD will only feed to sleep. I feed her to sleep twice a day for naps and again at bedtime. If she's super super tired, DH can sometimes rock her to sleep at bedtime but in the day, no chance. She will also fall asleep in the car or buggy but I live abroad where I don't drive and it's too hot for long enough walks.

A couple of months ago I was getting her to sleep in her cot after her feed by continually telling her to lie down and singing to her. It would take a long time but it worked. For a number of reasons I stopped this (kicking myself now) and now she is verbal and strong-willed and is having none of it.

I know it's all my fault and I've been lazy in taking the easy option in the past which has led to this problem. Has anyone been in a similar position with DC of this age? What did you do? Should I start at bedtime first, then address naps? I'm not comfortable with CC or CIO but obviously I don't expect this to be easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now