Always grumpy upon waking - 4 weeks

(3 Posts)
whootwhoot Tue 18-Aug-15 10:21:34

Hello...my DD is 4 weeks old and since the start has always woken up really grumpy. Even before she opens her eyes, she is squirming and grunting in discomfort and then wakes up looking really cross and angry before starting to cry..every single time sad Even if I pick her up and give her cuddles before she is fully awake, she is cranky. We are giving her Infacol for wind as I think this is a big part of her discomfort, but just wanted to check if other babies that age are content when they wake or do I just have a grumpy wee girl?

Xxpinkxx Tue 18-Aug-15 19:10:44

Hi I'm not sure if this is the same thing but my ds used to wake up screaming from his naps at this age but not night time sleeps. I read somewhere that this meant he was still tired so any time he wakes up like this I rock or feed him back to sleep and he is doing this less and less gradually and does go back to sleep quite easily. He does also get bad wind and I find gripe water works much better than Infacol

fredandme123 Thu 20-Aug-15 22:50:50

I think my son was about 4.5 months before he woke from any sleep without crying. He is a tummy sleeping reflux baba tho so had something to moan about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now