argh fucking bedtime

(4 Posts)
calilark Fri 14-Aug-15 20:43:38

really need some help. DD is just past 2, still bfeeding in the evening before bed, I have no issue with this.

What is causing the issue is that we go upstairs at 7.30ish to the shouts of 'I'm not tired, stay downstairs', we sit on sofa in her room and she has a cuddle and a feed for approx 30-45 mins and then hysterics. insisting I lie down and hold her hand, has to be lying down can't be sitting up. on and on and fucking on.

if I do it for 5 mins and then say OK night night mummy's going downstairs, SO MUCH SCREAMING. I will leave for 10 mins, then go in to reassure, but it makes no difference - lie down mummy, hold my hand. again and again. I'm. often not sitting down to even eat my fucking tea until 9.30.

Just lost it and threw her book across the room, DH took over and ended up sitting on the sofa reading the story. 15 mins later, I need mummy to hold me hand, wipe my nose on and on and on.

I'm totally done with this. I've been telling myself it is a phase but it's been going on so fucking long. it's stopping us staying away anywhere else, eg.at my mum's or a friends. I've got a week off work now and I just don't fucking care about it, it's not a break, it's just dealing with a 2hr shit bedtime every fucking night

calilark Fri 14-Aug-15 20:44:32

Sorry. Terrible grammar, much swearing. You can tell just how much this is getting to me.

OhahIlostmybra Fri 14-Aug-15 20:54:17

My dd went through a stage like this about the same age. I dreaded bedtime. Eventually I had enough. I told her once it was sleep time I'd stoke her back 5 times then leave. She shouted and screamed blue murder for about 15 mins (felt like lifetime). I didn't go back in. She then slept. Did same next night. 10 mins screaming. And that was pretty much it.

I seriously couldn't face her bouncing around her fucking cot singing balamory theme tune at me. And making demands of me.

Sunbeam18 Fri 14-Aug-15 20:56:45

We have had similar (DS now 2.2). It's hell. To be honest bedtime got a lot shorter and less stressful when I stopped breastfeeding at 19 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now