Self settling

(7 Posts)
MrsCK Fri 31-Jul-15 15:03:31

Hiya,
My 6 month old feeds to sleep both at night and in the day. I'd like to wean him off of this so that when it comes to him going to nursery then it won't be an issue :/ we have about 4 months or so until he goes. Any tips?

lexyloub Fri 31-Jul-15 18:34:57

Try a dummy

LongLankyLegs Fri 31-Jul-15 18:37:52

My 1 year old feeds to sleep with me but goes to sleep fine in the pushchair with a teddy at childminder.

They quickly adapt smile

Milkyway1304 Fri 31-Jul-15 18:47:57

Mine feeds to sleep with me, gets cuddled or goes in buggy for her dad/nursery. Wouldn't have thought it possible at 6 months but a few months makes a big difference. I was very wound up about it before I went back to work (at 10.5months) but she adapted brilliantly.

luckiestgirlintheworld Fri 31-Jul-15 19:15:02

My tip would be to try in about 3 months.
He might well grow out of it himself in that time, and IME if you do do some kind of sleep training to get him out of it, he'll only get ill or start teething at some point in the next three months and you'll go back to bad habits and have to wean him off it all again anyway.
So I say keep doing it while it works and train him out of it nearer the time.

MioNome Fri 31-Jul-15 19:52:42

I did nothing about it with DS1. He started nursery at 14mo and they asked me if he had a comforter or a blankie or dummy for his naps. I just mumbled "I'm sort of his dummy....".

First day they cuddled/rocked to sleep then quickly moved to patting his bum. Used to nap like a dream at nursery. angry Saved all his nap-refusing drama for the days I was with him!

MrsCK Sat 01-Aug-15 12:08:06

Thank you for your reassurances! it's working fine for us at the moment and he does sleep if in the sling on walks etc so I know he will sleep if not on me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now