Toddler bed or single bed?

(7 Posts)
TJTR1 Sun 26-Jul-15 16:01:21

My LO is 1yr and has always been a co sleeper as never liked her cot and hates it even more now she can't spread out without touching the sides. I'm looking at moving her into a big girl bed when she's around 18months but unsure wether to get a toddler bed or just go straight for the single with the bed guards bought seperatly? (I'm planning now so I can save the money, who knew toddler beds were so expensive!!)

What did you all do/are your experiences with each?
What age did you move your LO?

Needsweetstosurvive Sun 26-Jul-15 16:23:17

My eldest who is now 6 yrs old went into a proper sized single with a bed guard at 21 months old. Never had any issues. DC2 is currently 15 months old and in a cot but he moves around so much and constantly bangs into the sides so will be moving him at 18 months into a single with bed guard.

RiverTam Sun 26-Jul-15 16:25:00

We got DD a toddler bed, the single just seemed so huge! She's still in it at 5.6 yrs, though we'll be getting her a single soon.

SoupDragon Sun 26-Jul-15 16:32:28

If a single bed fits in the room, I would go straight for a single.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Sun 26-Jul-15 16:39:31

Single bed - toddler beds are just another unnecessary expense parents are guilt tripeed into making.

I put both of mine from cots into a full sized single bed with bed guards and a stair gate at the door at around 18 months.

TJTR1 Mon 27-Jul-15 16:15:34

Thanks all! Single bed it is smile

leccybill Mon 27-Jul-15 16:18:05

My dd is still in her toddler bed at 5.5 yo.
Plenty of room. She'd have looked tiny in a single.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now