Any solutions for early waking

(7 Posts)
Wibblewobble100 Sun 26-Jul-15 14:26:05

DS is nearly 14 months, and finally finally is sleeping through (��)from 7/7.30 until sometime around 5.... I'm going for perfection though and would really like him to sleep past 6 am if at all possible.I'm sure I've read some recommendations in the past about gently stimulating baby before they wake and then resettling to get them into the next sleep cycle, but I can't seem to find any of these posts now I need them... Can anyone guide me?
In case it matters, he generally naps 1-2 hours in the morning. I try to make it As late as possible but it's tough as he's dead on his feet by 9. Sometimes has a second afternoon nap too. Thanks!

StrawberryMojito Sun 26-Jul-15 14:42:52

Gro clock and/or black out blind.

Wibblewobble100 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:08:26

Thanks strawberry, was thinking about a gro clock but though he might be too young... I guess I have to think about the long game though....
Also really hope no one thinks I'm complaining ... I remember how horrendous it is to have a real non sleeper and it v grateful not to be there anymore.

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sun 26-Jul-15 15:09:38

Following as in the same position. Already have blackout blinds smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 15:10:56

Tbh 7.30- 5 is not to be sniffed at, he's probably hungry and has had enough keep by then. What happens if you shorten his morning nap to an hour?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 15:14:14

I'm thinking way back to when ds was little - iirc I kept him awake in the morning, early lunch then an afternoon nap then bed at 7.30. He woke at 5 until he was about 3(sorry!) but as he got older we used a gro clock and he could read in bed.

Tbh I think you just have to ride this bit out, but I feel your pain!

Haahooooo Sun 26-Jul-15 15:17:48

I have DD age 3 and DS age 15 months.

Both started sleeping through from about 11-12 months but then had an early waking phase at around 15 months. So DS is going through that now.

I'm sure I read somewhere that this is a developmental phase. Definitely DD just grew out of it after a month or two, and until then we put them in our bed and waited for CBeebies to start at 6am.

I do think the early nap might not be helping in your case though - any chance of pushing that back? We aim for just after noon for DS's nap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now