How would you get a 9mo to....

(5 Posts)
MioNome Mon 20-Jul-15 18:06:15

.... nap in his cot.

DS2 is almost 9mo and has all his naps either on me (bfed to sleep) or in a sling.

I've yet to have a successful transfer from arms/sling to cot.

I need him to nap in his cot so that a) I get a break in the days DS1 is at nursery b) I get some alone time with DS1 and c) I don't lose my mind.

Gentler methods preferred but am open to some 'tough love' if needed...

Tips? What worked for you?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 20-Jul-15 18:08:52

With DD when she was around that age I would put her buggy in a dark room, feed her, strap her in her buggy (laid back) and tuck a blanket round her. Id push the buggy back and forth 100 times and if when I stopped she still wasnt a sleep Id do another 100. Quite quickly she because to associate dark room/buggy with sleep and I didnt need to rock her at all.

Do you have somewhere you can set the buggy up?

MioNome Mon 20-Jul-15 18:19:53

Nowhere that's dark unfortunately. How/where had your DD been napping until you started doing that?

Other thing is he's only ever napped in his buggy about twice since newborn days. He's such a pain in the arse baby.... winkshock

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 20-Jul-15 19:13:14

Just in the living room with me - bouncer chair (and being continually bounced) or on me. Never for long which is why I tried the darkened room. Could try whatever room would be quiet even if not totally dark.

Acorncat Mon 20-Jul-15 21:59:40

I am also faced with this problem but have half solved it by using a mattress on the floor instead of a cot. So I just feed him to sleep then leave after a few mins. As there's no moving or putting him down he stays asleep. It means I get some time to myself but haven't had any stress of adjusting to the cot. However he goes to nursery in a couple of months so need to get him in his cot really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now