Bottle in cot.

(4 Posts)
RachieS1986 Tue 30-Jun-15 11:17:45

Ds2 is 5 months. He has recently started to hold his own bottle.

Recently ar bedtime he has started to feed himself his bottle in my arms then I cuddle him to sleep.

He has always been a terrible sleeper and hard to settle. it has slightly improved with tge ranitidine but he is still an awful fidget especially when falling asleep and some nights I can be sitting in the room an hour until he conks out sometimes longer. He naps in his pram for no more than 30mins and some days it can take more time to get him to sleep than he actually sleeps iyswim.

I was wondering if anyone has ever let their baby feed themselves their bottle in their cot and self settle to sleep.

Ds1 never held his bottle but bedtime routine was easier with 1 iyswim.

Im just looking for some way to claim some time back for myself and to spend with ds1.

What is everyone else's thoughts and experiences. Would there be too much of a choking hazard. I would have a monitor on.

whatsagoodusername Tue 30-Jun-15 11:34:20

Both of my DC had bottles in bed, holding it themselves - from maybe 6 months can't remember?

I suppose there's a choking hazard, but mine never had any problems doing so. They did start by lying on a play mat holding their own bottles while awake. And they both go to bed really easily now.

Artandco Tue 30-Jun-15 11:37:51

I don't think it's a good idea. Soon he should be having bottle and teeth cleaned after before sleep to prevent tooth decay from the milk sugars. Letting him get in habit now will be hard to break

Can you let him feed himself in living room if you like that, then do his teeth. Then do a bedtime routine completely unrelated to milk

FATEdestiny Tue 30-Jun-15 21:39:32

I wouldn't until at least 12 months, and it would be a beaker then.

Imagine the mess when Lo pours milk everywhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now