Shush pat

(4 Posts)
molly84 Fri 19-Jun-15 16:15:29

Hi there, I shush/pat my 6 month old to sleep while he's cuddled on my lap, then transfer him to his cot asleep. I want to start putting him in his cot drowsy and shush/pat in there. How do I do this if he sleeps on his back? I usually just pat his bottom gently which sends him to sleep....but patting tummy/thigh doesn't seem to work. He doesn't like being on his side or tummy in the cot. Any advice on how to do it would be great.

FATEdestiny Fri 19-Jun-15 17:01:50

I used to place my hand across DDs chest and patt her shoulder, until she was deciding for herself to sleep on her side. Side of thigh also worked for us.

chloechloe Sat 20-Jun-15 17:51:15

Could you just turn him slightly to one side using your thumb / ball of your hand and then pat him with your fingers. It won't be quite in the centre but may work. I do this with DD rather than putting her fully on her side, as she then tends to stir when I roll ger onto her back before leaving. Stroking her head over the fontanelle also seems to work instead of patting.

molly84 Sun 21-Jun-15 09:52:37

Thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now