daytime naps 7 month old

(4 Posts)
happymum111 Wed 17-Jun-15 08:01:44

My lo is now 7 months old, she is such a good sleeper during the night, she sleeps right through from 8 30 until about 6am, however she will refuse to sleep in her cot of a daytime, she will fight it all day, I try cuddles and she will wriggle and squeel, I try putting her in her car seat, or laying her down in the front room and still more crying, and also if i put her down in her cot, I'm worried as I'm going back to work soon and I want her to be in a good day time nap routine as we are relying on family to help with childcare mainly and id like for her to have a routine that everyone is aware of for everyone's sake, sorry for the huge message! Just want some advice smile

Courts10 Wed 17-Jun-15 13:14:02

Hi I struggled with this too, my LO now 10.5 months is a fab sleeper at night but in the day use to drive me insane. I tried everything. Around 7 8 months I realised she just wanted 1 sleep a day! When I stopped trying to get her down when she wasn't ready I found day time napping much easier. I put her in her cot with her mussy & juice bottle and leave her, she normally cries when I leave the room, at that point I could run in and pick her up but after 3 mins max she is lay down drinking her juice ready to drop. 10 mins after I go in and she is flat out I take the bottle away and she normally naps 2-3 hours. I make sure she just has her curtains closed not her blinds so she doesn't think it's a night time sleep. It took a lot of stress for me but after a week it was cracked. I try and do it about 3-4 hours after she has woken from her night sleep.

happymum111 Wed 17-Jun-15 17:35:50

Thankyou, ill try that, I do try and leave her for as long as possible, but after a few minutes she goes a very dark shade of red and then I cant stand to put her back down, as its just a repeat. I am a bit soft on her I know, thankyou for sharing you're experience smile

Courts10 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:26:37

Yes it's hard to leave them, I cried a few times at the start from it. But followed my heart, if I thought she was getting to upset I would go in. Hope you find a way that works for you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now