Daytime naps. Where do i begin?

(8 Posts)
lozzy1982 Sun 07-Jun-15 08:27:16

Hi ladies, where do i begin? My ds is 11 weeks today. We have routine at night and he is an ok sleeper, but daytime napping? Mind field! Ive just been letting him sleep whenever he is tierd, usually after most feeds. Sometimes after a feed he can lat down on the couch or in his chair downstairs for over an hour, othertimes he just have quick power naps then wakes. He also loves to sleep on the pram. Where do i start with trying to get a regular nap pattern? Am i ok leaving him downstairs or should he be upstairs in his cot now for naps?

flipflopsonfifthavenue Sun 07-Jun-15 09:16:24

When you work it out let me know wink still trying to work out daytime naps for my 7mo....

TwigletFiend Sun 07-Jun-15 09:17:02

He is still tiny. Let him sleep when he wants to sleep - he should really be having short bursts of awake time between feeding and sleeping at this stage still. He can nap wherever he is comfortable, if you can get him into the cot then great but I just left DD wherever she fell, so to speak, as I didn't want her out of sight while sleeping. Pram, car seat, sling. Enjoy baby's ability to sleep through almost anything while it lasts!!

PannaDoll Sun 07-Jun-15 09:21:59

At that age letting them sleep when they're tired is the best thing you can do. They are basically still mostly feeding and sleeping. Forget establishing routines. The baby will eventually settle into one (and just as you get used to it, change it again) as it grows and develops. Just try and enjoy baby for now. Don't try to take it :-)

Mrscog Sun 07-Jun-15 09:23:47

Look up 'windows of wakefulness' to give you a rough structure. We implemented it from around 14 weeks with great results smile

lozzy1982 Sun 07-Jun-15 13:22:43

Thanks for your replies ladies smile

lozzy1982 Sun 07-Jun-15 13:22:43

Thanks for your replies ladies smile

BlacknWhitePanda Sun 07-Jun-15 13:31:14

My ds slept whenever he was tired. I tried a routine, and it just kept going to pot.

Only now at 5 months is he spending more time awake and slowly getting into a routine. I wouldn't worry until your ds is older and they'll settle themselves into one only to change the goal posts later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now