9 month old crying in her sleep

(3 Posts)
Pinkandwhite Mon 25-May-15 18:13:48

My 9 month old baby goes through phases of crying in her sleep. It's for no more than a couple of seconds and her eyes stay closed. Last night for example, she did this at around 10pm, 12.30am, 1.30am, 2.30am, 3.30am and 5am. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Do you think it's teething or nightmares? I don't think there's much I can do about it is there? I feel bad for her and I'm also fairly tired from the wake ups because although she doesn't wake up, I do and it then takes me a while to fall asleep again.

FATEdestiny Mon 25-May-15 20:21:41

If it's just a brief noise and then she goes back to sleep, nothing to be concerned about at all. It might must be moving from one sleep cycle to another.

Is she in her own room? Could you turn down the sensitivity or volume on the monitor?

You don't need to be waking up for any of these, assuming it is just a brief few seconds wake up and back to sleep. In fact if that happened for me, by the time I was conscious and aware of being awake, the crying would have stopped (it takes me a minute or two to wake into the world of living) and I would be wondering why I was awake. I doubt I'd actually hear a couple of seconds worth of crying and my DD (8 months) is in a cot right next to me.

Pinkandwhite Mon 25-May-15 22:48:12

Thanks for replying fate. Yes, it's literally just a couple of seconds that she cries out for. She's in another room but I leave my door open and have a baby monitor right by my pillow. My husband tells me I should switch the monitor off because we can definitely hear her from our room. Maybe I should but I worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now