Help toddler hates bed!

(5 Posts)
Louisajane27 Sun 24-Aug-14 21:42:15

Can anyone help please? My ds1 is 24 months and has always been a good sleeper in his cot. They other day I noticed he can climb up the side and almost fell out! So we decided today to change his cot into a toddler bed (it's a cot bed) but he hates it sad at the moment he's refusing to sleep and is lying on the floor with his favourite teddy. Is there anything I can do to make feel more comfortable about his new bed? I really don't want to go back to a cot as I feel this is not safe anymore.

OldLadyKnowsSomething Mon 25-Aug-14 04:41:17

I hope you're all asleep by now. I'm also amazed it took your toddler 2 years to climb out! My ds2 had an astonishing capacity to sleep anywhere but his bed; I'd put him in, read stories etc, he'd doze off... And every time I lifted him to go to the loo (about 11pm) I had to search for him, usually finding him under the bed. After much trial and error, I learned just to chuck some covers over him and leave him. Yours may be similar. Chill.

Diryan Mon 25-Aug-14 07:01:15

Maybe a bed guard would make him feel more secure?

Louisajane27 Mon 25-Aug-14 07:49:15

Thank you both for the advice, I'm glad it's not just my child who likes to sleep on the floor wink when I went to up to bed I found him asleep on the floor so lifted him into his bed and luckily he stayed there! Hoping tonight will be better and in time he will get used to it.

WaitingForMe Mon 25-Aug-14 08:00:21

When we turned my DS's cot into a bed, we took him out of grobags and gave him a duvet. The cover has cowboys on it and we had a good look before I washed it. We had another good look when it came out of the tumble dryer then I took him with me to make up the bed. We touched it but then said bye as it was for bedtime. He loves the duvet cover and his bed. He often wants to show it to guests.

That's not to say we're not going through a phase of hating bedtime but he loves his bed and when he is asleep he's in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now