4 month & 3 year old bedtime routine...

(1 Post)
mrscams Thu 01-May-14 12:52:09

Hi all, I'm new to mumsnet & am looking for some help.

I have a 3 year old son & a 15 week old daughter.
My husband is away every now & then with work, sometimes days, weeks or months- so his part of any routine is very little.

At the moment my DS's routine is
5pm- Dinner
6pm- Upstairs for bath- he plays in his room while I potter about running the bath & DD will sit in her bouncy chair
6:10-6:30- Bath time. If I'm bathing DD aswell I'll wash them both & then I'll get DD out & have alittle drying/massage/dressing station set up on the landing, at the bathroom door so I can still see DS as he carries on playing in the bath. Once DD is dried & dressed she goes in her bouncer again.
6:30-6:40- All into DS room while I dry, dress & read story to DS
6:45- Lights out

I'll take DD downstairs with me & she will usually fall asleep & then I'll take her upstairs around 10pm when I go to bed.

So I'm wondering if I should start a proper bedtime routine with DD & be putting her into her cot once DS is in bed.

Thing is she's not in much of a routine during the day for feeds or naps as I'm always busy in & out most days, so getting into a set nap time would be very difficult. Her feeds are every 4 hours but times vary day to day because she gets up at different times each morning depending on her night.

Any help would be much appreciated grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now