Help me teach my 13m old how to self settle.. getting desperate!

(3 Posts)
SqutterNutBaush Mon 21-Apr-14 20:23:08

DD has been "high-needs" since day 1 and tbh i've gone with it but now I need it to stop atleast when I put her down to sleep at night!

Currently on my third night of listening to her scream from the top of the stairs as she's nackered but won't sleep unless I sit leaning on the cot (this has been the last 2 weeks) and I have my 7 year old crying because he's shattered too and can't get to sleep because of the noise sad

If I sit with her she wakes the second I move and the cycle starts again so really don't know what to do!

She's never slept during the day unless she's on one of us and wakes every 2 hours at night to be held, ehen co-sleeping she just snacks all night and I don't get sleep then either, actually starting to resent my daughter and breastfeeding. Please help!

cakeymccakington Mon 21-Apr-14 20:29:37

have you read the elizabeth pantley book? there is a toddler version of the no cry sleep solution that may work for you

CockD0dger Mon 21-Apr-14 20:31:54

Another recommendation for the no-cry sleep solution toddler book here. It's working for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now