Sleep issue (mine!)

(11 Posts)
Rosalie82 Tue 15-Apr-14 06:47:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

1lastshot Tue 15-Apr-14 07:11:59

There is a sleep time tea that is herbal that is ok when your pregnant they sell it at sainsburys. Good luck!

Doodle1983 Tue 15-Apr-14 07:44:08

Being on your phone will stimulate you, and keep you awake more ? I have a newborn and struggle sleeping when he's asleep but at I feel like a rest sometimes if I just lay with my eyes closed.

NickyEds Tue 15-Apr-14 08:20:46

I would definately go to gp before taking sleeping pills- I was told the only medication I could have was paracetamol so would certainly check. Insomnia is awful. I had it for years and found that the best way to deal with it was to accept it! It was the counting down (if I go to sleep now I'll get 4hours etc) and the stress (I only got 3 hours last night and tomorrow
I have this meeting etc) that got to me. I found it easier when I said to myself- sometimes I don't sleep. If you can't sleep, rest and day dream. Avoid "to do" lists in your head- and stay off your phone. You've probably heard all of this before(hot drink before bed anyone!!!)- sorry you're not sleeping-it's rubbish!

Rosalie82 Wed 16-Apr-14 00:46:28

Rosalie82 Fri 18-Apr-14 04:33:41

NickyEds Fri 18-Apr-14 09:02:15

Booo. Sorry Rosalie. DS is teething so we had a 4am wake up too- he was back to sleep at 4.30, I just lay there waiting for him to wake back up. Between the tears and the epic drool he's going to need IV fluids! How come Mums don't get bank holiday lie ins?????

Rosalie82 Fri 18-Apr-14 09:34:37

crumpeteer Fri 18-Apr-14 16:17:29

It's awful not being able to sleep when you can! Have you tried Horlicks? I find it helps me get off to sleep, i sometimes wake up again after 30min when its 'worn off' but it does work for me. I also try and have no screen time for an hour before going to sleep, so no phone, computer or telly as its meant to keep you awake. And if I can't sleep at all in bed I sometimes move onto sofa as I get so annoyed hearing my partner sleep peacefully next to me...

Rosalie82 Sat 19-Apr-14 02:11:30

NickyEds Sat 19-Apr-14 16:41:26

It is terrible isn't it. It's like your brain saves worries for when you should be asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now