first nap becoming shorter

(3 Posts)
claremoss Sat 12-Apr-14 18:56:59

Hi,
Can anyone help/reassure?
My 9 month old used to have a 1.5hr nap 3 hours after she woke up. The last few days it has been 45 minutes. she has just started sleeping through from 7pm till 630am recently so am wondering if this is why the morning nap is shorter. Her afternoon one is only 30-45 mins. Has this happened to others? Am I putting her down too early? She rubs her eyes and is asleep within minutes so I don't think so....

kate1516 Sat 12-Apr-14 19:08:45

Don't have an answer for you exactly but my 9 month olds naps are all over the place at the moment too. He used to have an hour about 2 hours after getting up, then an hour / hour and a half after lunch then a short nap around 5 (mainly because I put him in the car to get his dad then). He is now staying awake longer between naps and dropping down to 2 but these 2 both seem longer. But we are having huge battles to get him to sleep too.

Think it is one of those developmental leaps. Sorry I can't be much help but at least you are not the only one in the same boat.

claremoss Sat 19-Apr-14 16:45:54

Thanks, seems to have settled down a bit now :0)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now