Bitch of a mum :-(

(14 Posts)
Hyperhelpmum Sat 12-Apr-14 04:41:02

Just let my baby scream house down for 40 mins. I'm the end I got up and fed her AGAIN. She's 5 months old tomorrow. I'm just horrible and feel like hell. Can't sleep now as just want to cry. Poor baby. :-(

Paddingtonblue Sat 12-Apr-14 04:54:54

Hi Hyper, how are you now? Cry, if it helps, cry. Newborns are hard work, and the nights are the worst. Is she your first?

Innocentbystander01 Sat 12-Apr-14 05:05:26

You are not a bitch you are sleep deprived and crying alone for a while will do no harm to your dd,
Can your dp/h or mum take over this morning so you can catch up on sleep?
Honestly everything will look better after a couple if hours and I know it's tough now but just keep thinking "this too shall pass" because it will.
Hope you feel better soon.

fuzzywigsmum Sat 12-Apr-14 08:26:53

You're definitely not a bitch you're exhausted. Could you get someone else to give your baby a bottle tonight? Just one wouldn't do any harm and could give you some much needed sleep.

jumblebee Sat 12-Apr-14 08:47:17

You are NOT a bitch! I have done worse, screamed at my poor DD to "go the fuck to sleep" and starting crying my eyes out. You are sleep deprived, and there is a reason it was used as torture!

Is your DP able to help with a night feed? Using a bottle of expressed milk if you're breastfeeding?

Trust me, it WILL get better! Pretty soon it will be a distant memory. I know everyone says it but it's because it's true. Today, if there's someone who can take the LO for even just an hour, have a nap. Or lie in bed and relax or have a nice bath if you can't switch off and sleep.

differentnameforthis Sat 12-Apr-14 12:01:00

Why did you just let her cry? Did you know she wanted feeding?
Do you have help at home?

Purpleroxy Sat 12-Apr-14 12:05:01

Babies are hard work. Give her a cuddle and forget about it, don't beat yourself up. Both mine wanted loads of night feeds at that age. I was knackered permanently.

Hyperhelpmum Sat 12-Apr-14 23:33:55

She's my third!!!!! I let her cry because I had just fed her, she fell asleep on boob. I put her down, got into bed, dozed off and she started again. I just though oh FFS, I just fed u !!!!!! DH away on business. On my own with DC 1 5- ADHD and DC 2 3 and her. She's fine but I won't do it again as I just felt awful and it achieved nothing. I just hate that she cries twice in ine hr to be fed. I try to give her second side but she is fast asleep yet wakes about 15 mins later for second side JUST as I'm falling back to sleep. Groan. Another night, another tirture session!!!!! Thanks for words of support!

Hyperhelpmum Sat 12-Apr-14 23:35:50

My other two slept through at 6 weeks (sorry-hangs head in guilt) Maybe I'm getting my fair share???!!!!!!!! I would not have had three had I known the reality of babies!!!!!!! ;-))))

differentnameforthis Sun 13-Apr-14 02:58:01

OK, so in future, now you know she will wake for second side, try to stay awake for her? I am not judging, just trying to help.

But I get it, it is torture.

ipswichwitch Sun 13-Apr-14 03:48:04

DS2 does this. It's so frustrating and I've found my sleep deprived self asking him "why the fuck did you go to sleep if you're still bloody hungry?" I now stay awake 20 min after I put him down in case he wakes again (this is why I'm on mn at this ungodly hour!) little tinker is gently snoring next to me - might chance going to sleep myself now

mnistooaddictive Sun 13-Apr-14 05:00:43

You probably do this already so sorry if you think I am patronising you, but I found with dd1 that changing her nappy when she first fell asleep woke her up enough so she would then have second side. This meant she would then sleep longer.

Hyperhelpmum Sun 13-Apr-14 15:18:19

Last night she slept til 6 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She fed from both sides and slept til 8. Not gloating just so relieved on day 5 of coping alone with three under 6 and NO chance to sleep in day AT all.

differentnameforthis Sun 13-Apr-14 17:04:59

Bless her...amazing what a few hours sleeps does!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now