Two under two

(4 Posts)
SpinningPlates2 Thu 10-Apr-14 11:27:44

Hi
Can anyone tell me how they manage getting newborn to sleep in the DAY whilst entertaining a toddler? My two sons are 20months and 7 weeks. DS2 sleeps well at night waking for feeds occasionally wanting me to settle him.
However in the daytime he wakes up every time I put him in cot/ Moses/ car seat .... Short of leaving him to cry (waited until 6 months with DS1) what can I do?
DS1 is in a good routine and self settles for nap and bedtime.
I just can't get anything done!

jaybirdsinginginthedeadofnight Thu 10-Apr-14 22:03:50

It's difficult, mine are 17months apart. I usually put DS (now 61/2months) in the pram for naps. He just about still fits in the carrycot. I will then put the pram in a different room from where DD and I are, and put white noise on for DS. I can't take DS up to his cot for naps as he takes a while to settle and I can't leave DD alone while I do this! So at the minute we are just doing what works. When the weathers good we go out with double buggy DS sleeps while DD runs round the park.

beccajoh Tue 15-Apr-14 19:07:47

I've got the same sort of gap and use swaddling and a LOT of white noise to block out any noise from my toddler. He sleeps a lot on the pushchair too.

Whatsonemore Mon 21-Apr-14 19:10:32

Mine are 10months apart so I used to settle newborn in Moses basket in another room- dash back to 10month old to play, if the newborn is crying then if go back and forth settling the newborn whilst playing with the 10 month old kind of like peek a boo!

Will your little one sleep in a sling so you have hands free to entertain toddler whilst baby naps? Or perhaps the toddler has a doll that they can "settle to sleep" as you settle newborn?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now